U.S. Rehab is proud to offer wheelchair repair technician training to VGM and U.S. Rehab members.
U.S. Rehab understands the importance of properly trained personnel, including your wheelchair repair technicians. U.S. Rehab has extensively updated our Tech Training offerings. We now have two different programs to advance your techs, online tech training for newer techs and our advanced in-person Tech Training seminar.
U.S. Rehab's Tech Training seminar is for technicians who have been in the repair industry for a minimum of 2 years. This program will expand and strengthen the experienced rehab technician’s depth of knowledge and skill.
Topics to be covered at U.S. Rehab Tech Training
- Product specifics and troubleshooting tips by tech experts from Invacare, Motion Concepts, Permobil and Sunrise Medical
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), deep-cycle batteries, DC motors
and servo drive concepts are presented to enhance
- Potential seating and postural issues and when to refer the client back to an ATP
Any VGM or U.S. Rehab member who has a Red, White and Blue certified
technician on staff receives additional parts discounts. See our brochure for additional details.
- Identify the tools that a wheelchair technician needs to rapidly correctly diagnose and perform repairs on manual and power wheelchairs.
- Explain the operation of the major electrical components used in wheelchair controllers.
- Demonstrate the procedures necessary to trouble shoot electrical issues with wheelchair electronics.
- Select and inspect batteries for the DME industry.
VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 2.1 CEUs for this program.
Fundamentals of Repair: Power and Manual Wheelchairs
The Fundamentals of Repair: Power and Manual Wheelchairs Program was created for wheelchair repair technicians with less than 2 years’ experience. This self-study program covers basic concepts on electricity, batteries, how to use a multimeter specifically on power mobility equipment, power wheelchair repair, manual wheelchair repair, and scooter repair. VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
VGM Members: $150
U.S. Rehab Members: $75
View U.S. Rehab's growing Educational Online Course Catalog
Join U.S. Rehab and get your staff trained and ready to provide excellent service today!
Call U.S. Rehab at 800-987-7342 for more information.