U.S. Rehab is proud to offer wheelchair repair technician training to VGM and U.S. Rehab members
U.S. Rehab understands the importance of properly trained personnel, including your wheelchair repair technicians. U.S. Rehab Tech Training is a three-day seminar on power wheelchair repair. Technical trainers from MK Battery, Invacare, Motion Concepts, Permobil, Sunrise Medical, FIOS DME Repair Training and Avid Rehab will present product specifics, basic repair strategies, troubleshooting, and programming. Tech Training attendees will have the choice between a beginner level track and an advanced level track.
Click here to view a sample of a Tech Training schedule!
Choose from the Beginner Track or Advanced Track!
- Electronics and Battery Basics, Motors and Controllers
- Programming for the new tech
- Product specific repair and adjustments
- Industry trends
- Programming for the advanced tech
- Product-specific repair and adjustments
- Industry trends
- Introduction to Seating and Positioning for techs
- Identify the tools that a wheelchair technician needs to rapidly correctly diagnose and perform repairs on manual and power wheelchairs.
- Explain the operation of the major electrical components used in wheelchair controllers.
- Demonstrate the procedures necessary to trouble shoot electrical issues with wheelchair electronics.
- Select and inspect batteries for the DME industry.
VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 2.0 CEUs for this program. Class size is limited to ensure one-on-one intensive training.
*NOTE: In order to attend on-site Tech Training, you must be a member of VGM or a member of U.S. Rehab.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
2018 dates and locations will be announced soon!
Cost for Tech Training
VGM Members: $500
U.S. Rehab Members: $450
Click here to learn why you should attend this tech training!
How do you know which track to take?
The beginner track is best suited for technicians that have been with the company one year or less.
*NOTE: Before registering for the beginner session, we recommend that technicians FIRST take our online course. Click here for more information
, or see "The Fundamentals of Repair" below:
The advanced track is best suited for technicians that:
- Have been in the business for a long time, yet have not taken a tech training course in the last 12 months,
- are ATPs working on their skills with equipment and adjustments, or
- are looking to become an ATP in the near future.
Additional parts discounts are available to members who have sent a tech to Tech Training:
- MK Battery: Additional 5%
- Motion Concepts: Additional secondary discount of 5% if paid within terms*
- Permobil: Additional 6% on parts, not to exceed 16%*
*Denotes U.S. Rehab exclusive vendor
The Fundamentals of Repair: Power and Manual Wheelchairs
The Fundamentals of Repair: Power and Manual Wheelchairs Program was created for wheelchair repair technicians with less than 2 years’ experience. This self-study program covers basic concepts on electricity, batteries, how to use a multimeter specifically on power mobility equipment, power wheelchair repair, manual wheelchair repair, and scooter repair. VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
Learn more here
- VGM Members: $150
- U.S. Rehab Members: $75